Friday, August 9, 2013

An Introspective Kind of Day

Most people who know me, know me as someone who really cares about animals. What most people don't know about me is that I'm passionate about helping people who need it to, I've never understood why I was given this heart to feel for people and animals the way I do, but the more I look into myself the more I realize that I am who I am because of the things I care about because the things that I care about have shaped my world view in a way that I never would have imagined they would. I don't know how many of my readers are Christians, but I am. I believe that the Lord has placed certain events in my path to shape me to be the woman that he wants me to become. I'm sharing this video with everyone because its what started the journey. Its what reminded me why I have to care and why I have to love the people around me. Most people see the verse I'm about to share with you as love like a marriage, but I'm pledging that this is the way I'm going to try and live as a person. That means that this is how I want to treat everyone. Because I believe that if I live like this then maybe just maybe I can change the world. Even if its just a little bit. 

Love is patient. Love is kind. It does not envy it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres, love never fails. ~ 1 Corinthians 12: 4-8


Don't forget that what we do and say shapes the world, it makes or breaks what our lives mean to those around us and it makes or breaks a moment in another person or animals world. We may not be able to touch every life but we can touch the one we are interacting with in that moment. Make it a good one. Don't forget this when you leave this screen don't forget that everything you do affects not only you but someone around you. Remember this the next time you feel road rage, the next time you are frustrated with someone the next time you aren't having a good day. The next time you see someone who isn't smiling smile at them. Smiles are contagious. The next time you see someone who looks sad or upset ask them if they need a friend. I challenge you to change someone's life, show a random act of kindness, and most of all to look inside yourself and rekindle the passions that you have. Do something to make a difference, go to your local animal shelter and volunteer, volunteer at a soup kitchen, pick up that piece of trash you see lying on the sidewalk and throw it away. Do something. Anything!

We can't just sit and stay idle anymore. we can't wait anymore. Our time is now. We have to help those around us not just the people in this video but everyone. We need to make a difference and everyone can do something. 

I'll leave everyone with these two quotes...

Be the change you wish to see in the world ~Ghandi

The kindness one shows an animal may not change the world but it does change the world for that one animal. ~Author Unknown

No comments:

Post a Comment